Goliath is an upcoming survival adventure game being developed by Whalebox Studio and published by Octopus Tree. It was released on 12 May 2016 on Steam for PC, Mac and Linux. The game explores the concept of survival in a world of giants, dropping players into a world at war where massive monsters roam. Survive and search the world to discover the materials needed to craft tools and weapons, including Goliaths – giant robotic suits that will help even the odds against the enormous creatures that rule the land!
Description[edit | edit source]
In Goliath, players find themselves in a mysterious land consisting of the jumbled fragments of a hundred dead civilizations. Several powerful factions battle for control of this strange and broken world, but even the mightiest amongst them tremble in fear of the monstrous giants that roam the land. To survive among these giant creatures, players must scavenge for resources and materials needed to create Goliaths to either use for battle or barter for their very lives. Starting with simple wooden versions, players will learn to create dozens of Goliaths from a variety of materials: wood, stone, metal and other more unique materials found throughout the world. The Goliaths can be customized and outfitted with weapons to create loadouts for various situations and players' battle preferences. But giant robots won't solve every problem. Players will also need to craft items and tools for basic survival, build shelters and fortresses, and choose which factions to support in the war that's sweeping across the land.
Features[edit | edit source]
- Build A Bot Factory: Learn how to create dozens of robotic Goliath suits from a variety of materials, including wood, stone, metal and more. Each Goliath can be customized and equipped with a variety of weapons – after players have learned how to craft them, of course.
- Survive A Savage Land: Gather materials to build the tools needed to survive, including healing salves, protective fortresses and more. As players explore the world, they'll learn more complex recipes for better tools and weapons.
- Choose A Side: The world of Goliath is populated with several factions that vie for control of resources and territory. These factions include humans, the sentient robotic beings The Created, the demon-like Daemonari, and the elusive Forest Folk. Each faction can offer different strategic advantages in unique weapon and robot plans, and players must carefully choose with which factions to align themselves. Players can attempt to broker peace or rally their faction to accelerate the war!
- Procedurally Generate World: Players will explore a unique world with every game, thanks to a procedurally generated world.
- A Living World: Explore rolling prairies, dense forests, eerie swamps, frozen tundras and more, all with a complete day/night cycle and dynamic weather. Weather and terrain will affect how each of the robots performs, so players will need to make sure they have the right machine for the job!
- Co-Op and Competitive Multiplayer: Players can play through Goliath's campaign with a friend in cooperative gameplay or go head-to-head in arena combat!